Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's A Laugh

No doubt we’ve come a long way where independence and freedom is concerned – especially so for women.

But no matter how much I would stand up for liberation and fight for my rights (please don’t equate that with equal rights between the sexes), I think through the thousands and thousands of years, women remained steadfastly the same on the inside. We are still the same sensitive creatures that Allah created (this is but my very own personal opinion and not meant to be debated..)

Someone said something today which I thought was very off-handed. I cant put my finger on that inkling exactly – but anyway it made me wonder if I was being ultra-sensitive about it or maybe it was meant to sound the way it was said - offhanded. & if the latter is the case, would anybody else be troubled over it (like I am)? Made you confused, didn’t I? Good! Women are indeed the misunderstood species anyway..

The laugh is not because the whole incident was funny; but mocking really - because despite all that strong and independent portrayal, a little brusque encounter can drag you down a long way.. (advocates for women’s lib would definitely have my head for this I suppose).


I do tend to ramble.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails