Friday, December 8, 2006

People Watching

SCENE 1
Was on my way to work when I saw the Myvi in front of me has this bumper sticker that read "Cool Babe On Board". I thought that is a bold statement for a local woman to put on her car and was curious to see who that woman is. I overtook the car and looked - alamak, a middle aged pakcik was driving.. so no cool babe there..

SCENE 2
Was browsing in Marks & Spencer the other day and saw a mat salleh woman doing what looked like her Christmas shopping. Her shopping basket is full with the under-things and all seem to be in red or various shades thereof. I thought, how cliché - and then wondered what other races/religion think of the way we celebrate our own festive seasons. I also thought that man.., she's really going to have some big festive season celebration considering the items she has picked for herself.. ha-ha.

SCENE 3
There were 3 other people in the clinic while we were waiting for the prescription after Eirfan's circumcision the other day. The youngest in kain pelekat is obviously the patient-to-be. The second is the father to the boy and the third is the grandfather. I thought it was very sweet of the father to include the grandfather and of the grandfather to want to be included. I whispered to my significant other, you must do this when the time comes..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails