Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Books, Books And More Books Part 26

And I finally finished this after all. It took me ages - with a few pages read each evening. I'd recommend it if you are looking for something good to read. Ada part yang slow, invigorating and makes you want to get up and just do things; or parts that will bring tears to your eyes. Too many lessons to be learnt.

While deciding what to read next, I picked up Dr M's memoir from the coffee table, took off its plastic cover and began reading. I wondered if it is something worthwhile to read (sebab ada orang kata dia "tauk buku tu kat belakang almari" after finishing a few pages) or if I am just wasting precious time.


I've only finished 4 chapters - maybe forty pages or so - and already had an argument with my husband over what was written. There are still like 800 pages to go and I am now wondering how many more arguments we will have along the way till I finish reading!

Or maybe I wont finish the book. I need to get an alternative one fast.

ps - In between reading these I also read a couple of not-worth-mentioning novels. I also shelved Sense and Sensibility (I find it too slow, mundane..) - I think my timing in reading that isnt right. I know I'll continue reading it again soon; I seriously want to read all the classics.

pps - I am taking things slow today. The orthopaedic gave me the day off to rest. But to tell you the truth, even lying down ached.



*****

4 comments:

ain said...

Hi azah...i was bloghopping and stumbled upon yours..what a surprise..

Ain said...

Azah...miss u

Azah Yahya said...

Hi Ain. Long time no hear. Are you in Annexe or still measuring sawit somewhere or -? Bila ingat buat projek kat Celcom I mesti ingat you and the engineers. Haha.

AIN said...

i skrg dah jadi end user kat F&N...coca cola tu...kekeke..malas dah jadi consultant. best kan celcom, skrg pun i selalu pi pj f&n dairies kalau kena troubleshoot, mesti teringat celcom engineers yg comel dan garang...

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails