Monday, July 13, 2009

A Non-Toxic Office Story

And life is a bit slow these days.

My BFH (whom I reluctantly call BFH these days anyway since I've turned over a new leaf, ha-ha, as if!) has moved one floor down and she is actually no longer my boss.

The new boss is a petite lady with a soprano voice; whom I suppose if she goes on her highest pitch, the windows would surely break. Other than that I dont know her that well to make any comments.

And Zah who had the cubicle next to mine has moved upstairs too. I didnt know I could miss her. But I do. We shared all the office gossips together. When I come early in the morning she'd already be at her desk and when I go home in the evening we'd leave together or more often than not she'd still be working on her laptop.

I once told her that when I think about dedication and commitment, I'd see her face.

So these days when I walk into the office in the morning there is nobody in the next cubicle. The new person who sits there comes in at a little bit before 9 and then asks if anybody wants to have breakfast with her. Duh..

This morning I came in before 730 and sat at my table in the dark. Well, it wasnt dark dark because there is light from the windows behind me. I quietly take my breakfast while blogging.

And anyway I hope this routine will not last much longer. I hope to move on to a new place; learn new things, get to know new people, new bosses. And I hope to maybe be more productive, more motivated. Insya'Allah.

ps - I wanted to put this under the label of The Toxic Office; but it didnt seem right as this is a post of the office on a positive note..

*****

3 comments:

DeLinn said...

dah lama tak dengar u membebel or bercerita pasal office tu..

Azah Yahya said...

Dulu tak bebel sebab dah pasrah! Sekarang tak bebel sebab tengah tunggu surat transfer. I can tolerate the toxic since I know I will not be long here, Insya'Allah.

aar said...

Reading through your notes makes me touched. Really missed that cubicle and its surrounding. Well that is me, dulu sampai sekarang. Kat tingkat sekarang pun cam tu. Sekarang takde gang sebelah yg boleh gossip. Yalah kat sebelah ni boss kan. Tapi dia baik on the extreme. Dulu on the other extreme..hehe.

So, sekarang you dah dicleansed from all the toxic I hope. Hope you get what you desired and are happy at your new office. Tak sabar2 nak keluar dulu. Tak menyesal ke. Post lama you dah di upgrade jadi Band 3 tau. ok azah kita sambung lagi ya.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails