Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Buses & Trains

I was going to write about Eirfan's exams; but decided to write about public transports after reading Zana's comment on the rush for the trains after the Man U match on Sat.

After years of avoiding public transports, I actually took the train these last two weeks - a few times, mind you. If you know me, you'd know how I avoid public transports - even cab rides - like the plague. Things just happen when I take the bus, train or cab.

I wasnt scratched (yikes!) like Zana was - I was travelling in the early evening so there's not much rush. On the ride I saw a woman with a scarred face. She bent her head all the time. I said a thankful prayer that my family is blessed with "perfect" features.

There were a couple of guys who boardered the train together. The second guy wrapped both arms around his friend's shoulders from behind. Then around the waist. Needless to say there were hard stares from those on the train. I pray keluarga tidak diduga oleh Allah sebegitu. Takut ya Allah. I averted my gaze from them. I wondered if it is possible to call the police - tangkap ataupun dikenakan hudud (?).

I suppose there is nothing like a train ride that can make you feel lucky, blessed and fortunate. And terasa takut and humbled at the same time.

There was a lady sitting and reading on the train but kept pulling up her neckline so that her chest wasnt exposed to the eyes of those standing. Siapa suruh cari pasal?

There was also a lady who was standing in the train who opened her plastic bag and took out her newly purchased sweater. She put the sweater against her body and look at herself in the train windows. Come on la. Nak try baju pun tunggu la sampai rumah.

And I especially hate people who do not have the courtesy to stop talking on the phone while in the train. I dont want to hear / know all the details of your conversation (which managed to haunt me while I was trying to fall asleep that night).

I wonder what my entry would be like if I were to take the train at peak hours. I actually salute those who can tolerate the stress commuting in trains / buses or even cabs. Me? Give me traffic jams any time!
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails