Sunday, July 29, 2012

An Achievement


I never did mention about the class I attended walaupun ditanya Zana (sorry Zana). I didnt want to tell about it in case I flung the exam, in case I quit half way, in case I will be too caught up with the weekend chores, or just give up on the teacher.

Well yesterday we concluded the first level of the class and I passed the exam. Yeay.. It is my Level 1 Arabic class actually. It wasnt too complicated (it is for beginners after all), tapi macam diberitahu oleh ustaz (ustaz is used more loosely and to encompass any knowledgable persons, teacher etc) it is the revision and the usage of the language is most important.

Say what - can I speak Arabic now? Naaah - I can count 1 to 10, I can tell you what is 137 in Arabic. I can tell you tree = syajaroh and car = sayyaroh and a few other words like mumtaz (excellent) and jayd (good) or jayd jiddan (very good). I cant say I know what is 454 in Arabic nor do I know how to say I have a blog. Yet.

We hope to continue to Level 2 soon, although the bad news is we do not have enough people who wants to continue to that level. Tolong doa, somehow I do want to do this (semasa di Mekah, saya meragam sebab orang Arab tak pandai berbahasa Inggeris. Tapi kemudian saya tersedar, saya yang bersolat dan membaca Quran tiap2 hari ni sepatutnya lebih memahami bahasa Arab. Saya ni, yang mengaku Muslim patutnya tahu).

Anyways. This is my class ustaz; he was marking our exams. He is an Egyption, speaks Arab dengan sungguh sedap. And who is always smiling (he said, MasyaAllah, why are you taking my photo?)


And I need to show this too (typical of me). My exam results.
(in case you dont know, that is a 98. Yeay.)

Alhamdulillah I have persevered so far. Weekends are such challenging days for classes. Wish me luck in this.

*****

1 comment:

DeLinn said...

Wowwww terrer you! Congrats!

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails