Saturday, October 17, 2009

Beads and Baju Raya (or not)

Macam budak kecik, this year I made 3 baju raya for myself. But I can tell you friends who have 6 (baju raya & baju baru bukan baju raya. Oh, there is a difference? I had asked)

Or the other girl who shook her head and refused to talk about her baju raya. Trust me, she had many.

Anyway. Crazy as I am over beading I wanted to put them on all my kurungs.

The first is a bright red kurung with tiny flowers. No matter what I tried the beads dont look right. In the end I decided to do without beading on that kurung after all. Until today I had not taken out the few beads I had sewed on (sheepish smile here). So that didnt turn out to be a baju raya after all.

The second one I did turned out beautiful (ha-ha, even if I say so myself!) I love it. I think it looks superlicious (almost like food that looked so good it is a shame that you have to eat it). And I have that photo below. And more here.


The third is a nice kurung moden with puffy sleeves. I started on the beads on the 5th Syawal (ha-ha. Missed the deadline after all due to the baking that I did. Maybe I'll write on that baking stint later) - and that project is still work in progress. It's simply for the reason that as I was happily beading my baju someone called me and said you must jahit the beads on my baju because my husband is going to be awarded for blah.. blah..

I said ok, send me the baju. I completed her baju this past week and ps - her baju turned out superlicious too.. I'll put that here once I uploaded the photos.

So anyway, all in all I have only but 1 baju raya after all.

And at the same time I also did a beading on Iman's kebaya. I'll get a photo of that later too.

*****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I regard as nice post. Specially the designation attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails