Sunday, October 25, 2009

Are We Done Yet?


Sigh. What a relief to be able to sit in front of this pc!

Yesterday I was happy that I dont have to prepare lunch today. We've got a 'merapatkan silaturrahim' lunch invitation - yeay!! How nice - I plan to take things easy today.

I put roti canai with leftover kari and sambal on the table for breakfast. Then I remembered I had some leftover durian. So I made some kuah durian to go with bread. After that I noticed kelapa parut in the fridge. I've been meaning to make some kueh ketayap (do you call it that?) for some time. They are Eirfan's favorite. I got that done and that goes onto the table too.

After that I made some sardine fillings for the pastry that I have. That should take care of tomorrow's breakfast. Then I remembered pulak I have lots of chicken breasts that I already planned for pandan chicken. So I prepared that too and put that in the fridge. That's for dinner today.

And yes, I need to boil the chickpeas for the soup. I am THINKING of eating better again, and the soup is so light and filling..

And after all that, there goes the morning. Of course I need not prepare lunch, nevertheless I had meals until tomorrow all planned out. Letih la.

Anyway the ketayap didnt turn perfect. Need practice there. And the pandan chicken recipe is here. And welcome to my day where no lunch preparation is required.

Oh, and one more thing - no we are not done yet - a mother's work is never done.. but still love oodles in everything that are done.

*****

2 comments:

DeLinn said...

hehehehe

teringat masa zaman skolah dulu, kena paksa dek mt mother tolong dia lenggang kuih ketayap dalam kuali, pastu kena gulung2 inti. Of coz la bahan2 tu mak i yang buat kan hehehe. those were the days...

Azah Yahya said...

I did the lenggang too. But it got stuck to my wok. So I had to use my flat roti canai skillet. Damn, but I didnt think of trying to lenggang that!

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails