Thursday, October 29, 2009

Books, Books and More Books Part 17

And I have lots of material that falls under the category of reading-in-progress. First is a couple of better back related books, including one on pilates. I am reading both. It is about standing tall, better posture, better flexibility etc etc. I am hoping this would be the silver bullet for all the achy back ailments.. But progress is so slow..


Next is a book by de Bono. I am interested to read about lateral thinking (yeah, yeah I know - it is an old concept..) But since I dont have that particular book and Ilyas has this (much to my surprise) I decided to read it. After all, if Ilyas read it, I should too.. I am maybe 60% done on this but so far I cant say it is mind boggling or that I will have a beautiful mind (an even more beautiful one, come to think of it) after finishing this..


Right, then I have this book since like forever - everytime I read a few pages of this I will doze off. So I read this whenever I need help to zzzz.... This is progressing so, so slow also.


And I was so excited about this book. I seriously read it untul like half-way through. Then I started to lose focus and it is still unfinished. (Ahem, and no wonder I am not yet rich. Coincidently, do you personally think rich or kaya or whatever you call it, a dirty word?)


And Dan Brown is someone whose book I enjoy (although I read only one book of his - and I didnt even finish that!) But I like the way his story unfold. I havent even started on this actually. Terlalu banyak projek nak buat; tak sempat nak buka yang ni..


And this is a favorite, favorite magazine of mine. It is informative, inspirational, have insight into topics that are relevant to me as a person, I think. I usually get the back dated issues for these - they are like fifty percent cheaper. I purposely put this particular issue here because Annie Lennox appeared on its cover and I simply adore her.


And scattered around my room, under my pillow, on the bedstand and anywhere else are these books. Oh, nothing in the picture? (Kalau tak nampak apa dalam gambar tu dia .. fill in the blanks). These are the books that we are shy to reveal. And no, dont let your mind wonder off to an unknown tangent please. It is those books - you know.. ha-ha. Actually these are the important books, kitab, ilmiah (adalah sesikit sana sini).


So those are some of the projects I am having currently; banyak yang terbengkalai yang betul nye pun. But I am always positive (please note the beautiful mind) - although I dont finish these - yet - ever the optimist (yeah, I am beautiful) - at least nawaitu ada. Maybe I'll finish these slowly, but surely.

*****

2 comments:

MEET said...

If you are so into reading, you might as well get yourself a PhD.

Azah Yahya said...

The reading that I do - well, there is no PhD offered for that (I mean Annie Lennox?) And anyway I am never that industrious - look at all the unfinished books and you'll get the picture.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails