Sunday, November 20, 2011

Books Books &More Books Part 30, 31 & 32


(That sure is a lot of numbers for a title)

Thanks Zana for posting the following :

"Read, read, read. Read everything—trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the most. Read! You’ll absorb it. Then write. If it is good, you’ll find out. If it’s not, throw it out the window.”
— William Faulkner

At least now I wont feel that guilty whenever I read a non-acknowledged author with an even more obscured book (sigh - with content).

I was on my way home one Friday evening and felt a compelling need to read. I headed to Kinnokuniya in KLCC but the sky was dark and it definitely was going to rain so I turned around and headed towards MPH that's closer to home. Got some books and dumped (almost) everything else and burrowed down with the readings.

So I have finished all these three books. A couple I like. The other not. Janet Dailey was (yes, was) a favorite author of mine - her later books divulge a bit too much on horses and ranches and cowboys. Bluegrass. Sonora. Cholla. Quarter horses. Wyatt Earp. Saguaro. And so on. Feel like I have enough takes on the wild, wild, west thingy. Maybe I could even try a hand at writing about ranchers, wranglers and rodeos.

I am trying to read To Kill A Mocking Bird next. Which friends had said, kita dah baca la buku tu masa kat sekolah dulu. Unfortunately I didnt do literature at school (or had I and had forgotten?) Anyway. I have bought the book I cant remember when nor where it is now - had it misplaced somehow masa kemas rumah for the wedding (in fact I had done so good a job at the kemas thing that I have lost quite a few things - the laundry bag - found it again after searching high and low, a couple other - good - books, the magic eye cream).

I am also reading a few other books in between (at least 3 - tiny, thin ones). As usual buku2 ilmiah memang susah nak perabis. Terlalu banyak gangguan bila baca buku2 nih. And no, I have not finished the book on Tun either (not that I consciously categorize that as ilmiah..) Yet.

So what are you reading currently?

And also. The other day I read from here the following -

(jika anda seorang wanita) .. bayangkanlah jika saya mengajak puan ke masjid untuk bersolat…. Apakah puan perlu mencari telekung? Jika ia, kenapa? Apakah puan merasakan yang pakaian puan belum cukup sempurna untuk mengadap Allah SWT? Jika benar begitu, kenapa pula kita boleh ke hulu dan ke hilir dengan pakaian tersebut?

Saya tinggalkan puan/saudari dengan penilaian masing2. Namun saya sendiri terasa saya perlu mencapai setidak2nya stokin saya hari ini..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails