Saturday, July 6, 2013

M * A * S * H

One other significant thing I found at the War Museum was the chopper. When I saw the first two photographs below in the exhibition hall I felt a sense of déjà vu - thinking that these scenes I have seen in the past. Somewhere.    

 

Then I knew that it reminded me of MASH, a 70s - 80s show that I used to watch on tv. And never missed, if I can help it. The show is about a team of doctors and support staff stationed at the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital in South Korea during the Korean War.

As it was produced / showed during the years of the American war in Vietnam I always thought it is about Vietnam (and I suppose dia cakap jelah Korean War..). Anyway the show is funny most of the time. Silly sometimes. Serious other times. 


 But seeing the hardship, tortures and cruelty of war at the museum I have uncomfortable thoughts / questions that there could be comedy in war..? (I must watch MASH again with new perspectives). The museum is indeed a somber place. If you've been there, did you cry?

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails