Sunday, July 9, 2006

On Music

I am no expert on music. But I know what I do or do not like. The kids say my songs are out-dated. So do my friends.

In fact the kids say the songs I like got out-dated many times and I still listen to them. Examples are like Emotion which was sung again by Destiny's Child some time back and Every Breath You Take. Nevertheless I still like the original versions sang by ? (whom I cant recall) and Police respectively. I actually resented Puff when he sang every Breath You Take in his very own version.

I got laughed at by a friend who loved AC/DC because I like Anne Murray. But AC/DC?? Come on, get some real music please.. Someone asked me, why Dione Warwick? And I got a snicker or two for still liking Sting and Lennox and Streisand.

I favored Janet Jackson and Madonna and Toni Braxton and Mariah Carey for a bit but got tired of their colorful stories. Was engulfed by Robbie Williams and who's-that-guy? (Ronan Keating actually) for a while too. Occassionally I like the songs but not the singers themselves like Eminen and Destiny's Child.

Lately Il Divo is top on my list. And I got a good ribbing for that too.

I guess I can can tolerate very small doses of modern pop like Britney's Everytime, but I'll stick to evergreens. No teasing or raised eye brows or jokes about my choice of music or singers, please. Thank you.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails