Sunday, May 28, 2006

I Have a Dream

Does the title remind you of an Abba song? No? Good. But it reminded me of a movie starred by Meryll Streep & Robert Redford about life in Africa or something like that.

Anyhow, my ex-leadership programme facilitator used to ask us do you have a dream? Tell the class about it.

Yeah, I have a dream ~ of having a koi pond at the bottom of my garden. On weekdays, I would have mid-morning coffee by the pond whilst basking in the warmth of the morning sun within the shades of haleconias and tall palm trees. The trickling sound of water from the fountain within the pond and the sight of the koi swimming slowly in the water is therapeutic and soothing and would just lull me away.

My facilitator had said, I am not crazy about koi.

I didnt tell him outloud, but he actually missed the big picture. The dream is about having mid-morning coffee in my garden on a weekday ~ which actually signifies that I am no longer tied to an office table. It doesnt matter what's swimming in the pond, hey ~ they could be keli or talapia. I thought of koi because of the exciting colors that they have.

So yeah, I have a dream..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails