Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Being Happy

Met up with a few friends recently. Some told "horror stories" about work. Others mumbled about financials. Only one shared her contentment. I am glad to hear at least one friend is happy.

I think we owe it to ourselves to be happy. And only we can make our ownself happy. Others may not even care should we be happy or otherwise. So, I am going to work on the things that will make me happy & contented. No sense in complaining about being miserable but isnt lifting a finger to do anything about it, right?

But the friend said, I am not happy ~ I am contented. Many things can make me happy but not necessarily content. Hmmm.. okay, explain please I requested. Having a nice house or buying a pair of nice pumps would make me happy, but only for a little while she continued - not necessarily happy with life as a whole. When I get home or to the office, there could be some glitches and things may not be perfect, but it's ok. I can live with the imperfections ~ I am not too crazy about them; but nevertheless I am content with life in totality.

I concluded that there are the elements of redha, syukur & usaha in what she said. Considering what the friend said, I'd rather be content too instead of just gigly-happy.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails