Sunday, December 2, 2012

His Dinners Part 3 - Honey Baked Chicken

One of the favorite kids' menu is this baked chicken. It is mine too simply because it is that easy to make (and I dont have huge mess to clean up later). I prefer my hub's version - his is usually much juicier and tastier (so he gets the dubious honor of preparing this for us most of the time).

The chicken comes with cut vege (potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes and japanese red keledek; unpeeled; I scrubbed the skin a bit; seasoned with salt and pepper) that we line at the bottom of pan. The chicken is marinated for 15 mins or so with anything you like, we usually generously coat the chicken with bbq sauce and honey. And chopped thyme or rosemary if we have that on hand. Put the chicken on top of the vege and bake for 15 mins or so on each side (depending on size). 

Kalau rajin boleh buat gravy. My hubs do this all the time (I confess that I dont). Serve with salad and dressing (coincidently do you know orang putih buat thousand island with mayo that is stirred with tomato ketchup? I didnt until recently. Tapi saya rajin sikit la, I added chopped onion).

VoilĂ ! (Tengokla anak2 makan macam mana).


*****

2 comments:

DeLinn said...

anything goes with chicken will be my cup of tea too. sedap nampaknya azah

Azah Yahya said...

It is, it is..

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails