Friday, December 28, 2012

Let's Catch Up Here!

We were at a cosy cafe in Bangsar Village (new wing) called Citrus. I think I have passed by this place a few times but with no reference at all I hadnt really noticed it before (it is just across from Borders). And then a few days back Yana said we must go - "my sister went and said it is a good place to eat". Then later Bieb said she went there during Ramadhan; the food was nice and they served a lot of food for free, being Ramadhan and all.


I like the decor. Modern. And has a lightness to it.


We ordered kuay teow goreng which comes with keropok and assorted condiments. The udang were quite sizeable and so fresh. Everyone gave the dish a thumbs up. Memang sedap.


 We ordered cakes and goreng pisang with ice cream for dessert. The chocolate cake was moist. The red velvet tasted of cream cheese and is so light. They were gorgeous. We almost didnt have room for the ice cream. I didnt have photos of the drinks; but I like the virgin mojito I ordered - soda, lime flavored syrup, mint leaves and a hint of passion fruit (I must do this at home, maybe with perrier).


The lady in the bottom photo is one of the owners, we presume. She was there taking orders, serving cakes and drinks. There was also a middle aged lady and a younger one managing the cafe. Kami buat andaian kafe dipunyai oleh wanita 3 generasi ini.. (conclude sendiri gitu; but Bieb later said so too).


I am fairly sure I will return. A good place to linger with friends over afternoon tea - any takers?

*****

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails