Thursday, January 29, 2009

Best Nye Cuti


So the long weekend came and gone and I am already eagerly waiting for this upcoming equally long weekend - I am taking tomorrow off - going for the physio again.

We didnt go anywhere the cny break. Not that we didnt want to, but the planning came a bit too late and most places are already full by then. Nevertheless time spent at home wasnt any less enjoyable.

I spent the entire break doing nothing. LOL. After the end of the holidays I felt fresh and ready to tackle whatever-may-be again. The boys came back on Fri. But I already started stocking up supplies aka FOOD since Thur. My husband had raised his eyebrows at how full the trolley was then - he had forgotten the boys will be home. On Sat we went out to get more stuff at the pasar tani. The poor fridge was bursting at its seams. Ah well, it is the cny! LOL..

On Sun we had bbq dinner. I wanted to have it on the porch. My husband said the smoke will get to the neighbors' houses. Shy la... jiran bau je tapi tak bagi pun. So we had the bbq on the balcony. With marinated chicken and lamb. It drizzled while we were bbq-ing (of all the hot days, it had to drizzle then..) But it soon stopped. It was rather fun.

We went to the cinemas on Mon. Bedtime Stories. My sons said what?! like they are freaking out or something when I told them the title of the movie we are watching. They thought it is going to be like a sweet and girlish movie. I like the short song snippets they have in the movie, but especially so 'Dont Stop Believing' performed by Journey. It is my fave and it sort of make me want to jiggle about a bit. Although thankfully I didnt.

I spent Tue window shopping with Iman at KLCC. I adore that place - not because of its shops or whatever - but because it is so close to home and on a quiet long weekend it takes maybe like 10 minutes to get there and straight into the paking lots. Luckily we were early and therefore avoided the mass at noon as we were leaving (it was full with 'expatriates' - if you know what I mean - then. They were snapping photos everywhere.. macam awak-awak le kalau pergi Australia ke, Phuket ke, US ke..)

And of course without saying, they was a lot of cooking done to feed the ever hungry brood. I did some gardening and sewing too in between everything else. Oh, and lots of reading of M&B books (I have a sheepish smile here..) After finishing the third book during the weekend, I threw the stuff onto the coffee table and thought, ok - that's enough of that and time for more productive things..

What fun life can be!
*****

3 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

I didn't know the fridge had seams. And you couldn't resist to instill your sarcasm comment to us with every post couldn't you?

DeLinn said...

memang! kekekeke

and... don't tell me M&B stands for Mills & Boon?? Oh dear!

Azah Yahya said...

Yes I like to involve friends in life; including the sarcasm thingy.

Yes, M&B is exactly that.

ps - getting old is nice; you can do stuff without being so concious about it.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails