Friday, January 2, 2009

On The First Day Of 2009



I didnt start my resolution; despite being so gung-ho about it (lol). Isnt that a sure sign I'd be doom where they are concerned..?

Nevertheless we did catch the fireworks on 1.1.09 eve. As in past years ever since Iman started working, we would pick her up from her office in Bukit Bintang a little bit before midnite. We'll leave home at 11, make our way slowly to city center and watch traffic police on standby for road closures. But on Wed when we get to the city, traffic was at a crawl and roads were already closed - even Jln Bukit Bintang! We definitely cannot not go to Bukit Bintang to pick Iman up. We stopped at the closed junction and I insisted to the policeman that I simply had to get to BB. We were let through - what relief.

On the way home we stopped along Stonor (was it Stonor..?) and watched fireworks at KLCC. The show was quite spectacular but was over too soon. It was a crawl too going home.

I shopped with Iman later in the morning and read all day. It was a good day, spent leisurely. I wondered if days could be as idyllic as this all through the new year.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails