Saturday, May 13, 2006

Make Some Space

Met some new people recently. Some were friendly, others were helpful and a few more seemed superficial although they smiled anyway. That's alright. You can't win everytime. The world's not always kind.

But a couple of people gave me some issues - they stepped on my toes, shoved their faces into business that are not theirs and asked personal questions that even Barbara Walters won't ask on her show.. Hints that I dont like their questions and evasive tactics dont work either with them. Once they are onto a particular subject, they just hold on to it and just wont let go till they had squeezed every last detail. Should I have told them to go fly a kite and preferably elsewhere but near me?

What happens to kita orang Melayu? Or is it the Western culture that dont ask personal questions? I am confused. But whatever it is, can we please remember that everyone need their own personal space? You might lose the juicy stories if you dont pry (if there are any juicy ones, that is) ~ but at the cost of being a busybody? I'd say no, thank you.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails