Monday, May 25, 2009

And Life Just Goes On

Work hasnt improved much. And I find that dwelling on that fact wont get me anywhere. Got to move on. But that is surely easier said than done.


And life goes on.


We fetched Ilyas for the last time from his studio aka his second home for the past couple of months or so last week. His blanket and pillows and clothes and mug and workstation and .. were all at the studio. For a while it was like eat, work and live at the studio. He's finished his degree. Sedih pulak dia kata nak tinggalkan university.


I said that's life, yang. It moves on whether we are ready to do so or not.


Eirfan is much pleased with all his adorable abangs being home and double celebrated over the fact that his eldest abang will not return to college anymore. Last weekend his friend rang our bell and said something like, you better come out and play today or else.. And I chased him out of the house to play too.


He is having his exam this week which is so tough for him when his abangs are around and hooked up at the computers around the clock. And he is being forced by his mother to study. Bertempik mak dia sebab tak boleh lepas pandang sikit or he'll be huddled in front of any of the computers too. I cant wait for the school semester to end.


Life is slowly returning to normal. I am reading again, something serious this time. I find this particular book precious in a way that I want to savor each word written. Read each page slowly, taking my time pondering over the contents. Menyelami perasaan penulis. I'll post that when I am done with it.

*****

3 comments:

DeLinn said...

i always always love the way you write. Maybe u should try to write a novel? hehehe

Azah Yahya said...

That's so sweet. For a while I thought I should too. But I think I dont because I simply dont have the discipline it requires.

Zana Fauzi said...

There is this book by Miranda July called No One Should Belong Here Other Than You, or somewhere along that line. It's quite a thin book, I finished it after a few hours at The Borders (don't blame me, husband was there along to khatam his comics). It's a feel good book, none of those chick flicks but those kind of books that after reading you felt much lighter, and you see the world in a whole different light.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails