Monday, May 4, 2009

Memory Lane



I never did want to do this - to attend the hitea to celebrate my school's 120 years anniversary. But after being bombarded by calls and emails from the organizing committee, I relented (like I have a choice?). But thinking this is also a drive for the school charity, I softened further and thought why not?



Disregard the table no 23 - we are the class of 1980. That is like 30 years ago. And that is how long since I've seem most of these long ago friends. Actually they have called me numerous times for tea, makan-makan, karaoke - you name it, but the recluse that I am, I have always declined.




That's the school badge. I almost didnt remember what it looked like. But boy was my memory refreshed. We sang the school song too. Those good(est) old days!




This is a few of the girls with our fave teacher. She was cool (even at the time when the word cool refers only to the weather or water that you drink).





I deliberately put this here too. Just to proof that we had fun. This is a couple of the girls dancing on the floor. The stage was full and we didnt feel like getting cramped up there. So we let our hair down and dance away. We laughed like school girls again and talked till we are all hoarse. Boy was it great to feel like 17 again.


I'm actually glad that I forced myself to go. We are arranging for a smaller group meet up again soon. I had sure had a lot of fun. 17 was a good age.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails