Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Ramadhan Doodle


Ramadhan's almost ending. Relief? Sad? Disappointed? Or rejuvenated and inspired? I am having mixed feelings; but it definitely was not better than last year.

Anyway. I did some last minute shopping today. Went to Isetan to get some clothes for Eirfan. I saw a mom with her 4 kids. The children were running around and under the hung clothes, yelling in the store and almost knocking down the fitting room with their antics. The younger one was crying saying 'nak balik..' (what else?) I kept my distance - they remind me too much of my own predicament like maybe 10 years ago. How time flies!

I went home to get dinner ready. Luqman came home today so it is going to be full house. There is lamb briani and keli goreng cili and kari ikan and tauhu sumbat. I even managed to make kueh lopis; the children's favorite. Then Iman text messaged me saying 'I have to do ot today. Wont be able to make it to dinner. OK I thought, 1 down. Later Ilyas called and said I am going with friends for iftar. OK. Kaia came home and announced, I am going out for dinner. Duh? I take these in my stride (my hsband could tell you otherwise, maybe). I wondered too how many times I had disappoint my mum too.

Ah, need not be melancholy - it is raya after all.

Tomorrow is going to be another full day. My sister is coming over and we are going to do some baking together. I plan to do some cleaning too - and re-arranging. It is raya after all.

And I still have a few stuff to get. Songkok. Butang baju melayu. Kasut Eirfan. It is raya after all.

I wonder if I ever make that much preparation for my Ramadhan..

More colorful Ramadhan pix here.

*****

3 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

To tell the truth, every time Ramadhan was about to end, I feel a sudden pang of rindu. I was never really fond of Eid itself, apart from the sembahyang raya & salam ibu bapa, the days after that felt the same to me.

Zana Fauzi said...

Oh, Selamat Hari Raya Azah, maaf zahir batin!

DeLinn said...

selamat hari raya azah! maaf zahir batin yek

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails