Sunday, September 19, 2010

Getting Creative

And I hadnt done anything much this long raya holidays. Ziarah friends and family here and there. Cooked my mum's rendang - tasted nothing close like mum's of course. Tried out a new recipe called daging masak hitam - which turned out unsuitable for public consumption..

I have sworn off baking cookies for now, but my sister insisted. So I need to make some, but am putting this off until I can do so no more. On top of that mintak semprit lagi - which I have no clue of making..

I bought stuff for pie tees but no pie tees so far. Bought carrots too - konon nak buat carrot cake - no sign of a carrot cake either..

But I did a couple things I am proud of. I finally finished this kurung for a mother of a bride-to-be. She had asked, dah siap ke baju tu? I replied not yet (the wedding is less than 2 weeks away - she must be anxious!) I tossed and turned over what to do with the kurung as it is pretty colorful and comes with flowers and finally did this. I think it is very-de-pretty. Hope she likes it too.


More pix at my a-glitter aka bling-bling blog here (I know I said I am closing this down; but my own limitation makes me think I need to continue posting photos here.. It's okay if you dont get me, I dont 'get me' myself sometimes.)

Anyway.

While sorting out my kueh raya the same thing came to my mind this time like it did every year - are my containers air tight? I hate taking the kueh in and out of the containers everytime and I also hate having the biskut all masuk angin dan lemau.

I had earlier gotten some pretty decorated bottles made by Haslina at the office (using those plastic bottles yang tudung merah tu she had cleverly transformed them with ribbons and renda). I gave these bottles to my mum and unfortunately do not have any photo to show. But I did a copy cat of Has' creativity and came up with this which I love!


And these.. I wanted something fun.


I was pleased with the results actually. I have more photos here, the same page as above. What did you say - what to do kalau comot? I figured I will get new bottles and decorated them all over again. The key thing is that the biscuits stay fresh for LONG while looking pretty.

Enough of my mundane thoughts. I am actually counting down the last hours of a great long couple of weeks break..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails