Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Books, Books And More Books Part 24



Would 'reading' a recipe book be considered as reading? I did go through all the recipes on all the pages from the front cover to the back. I even read what's written on the insides of the cover.

That's how I know that zucchini (what we always see in the States) is also called courgette (what I always see in Jamie At Home - he's British after all.) For a time I've wondered whatever is a courgette. I think they are somewhat between the labu and the timun family. Anyway. This is what zucchini and a zucchini flower look like and you can actually fry the flowers like you would any tempura (I am imagining the maybe we can do the same with the bunga labu..)




And I also found out what a microplane is. No darlings, it is not a tiny airplane.. It is actually a grater or a zester (for you to grate the zest of a lemon, orange etc); alaf baru. Like so.




See? I learned something from the recipe book after all. And oh yeah, the book contains recipes - obviously - of dreamy pies and tartlets and muffins and quiches that I always dreamed of making. Let's hope I not continue to only dream of making them all.. I think as a start I will try the chicken and mushroom party pies (sounds delish, dont you think? Entah dah masak nanti jadi apa.. muah-ha-ha..)

And talking about food somehow reminded me of a request I had for the brownies recipe I have always make. It's yummy and gooey and has a whopping amount of calories I suppose; but so irresistable. I've been making this for years; for birthdays and school parties, canteen days and raya. Trust me, it is that easy.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails