Thursday, December 19, 2013

It Is Almost Year End Already!

Hi darlings. How are you? I've been very, very busy thus the silence despite best intentions to have the blog updated always (sometimes the thought of why bother? came to mind too..)

What are your year end plans? I've got none actually. We've got another family wedding coming up. I thought I will bake a turkey - just for the fun of it. I'll be working most days till Jan anyway.

We were at Picknik the other day (at last!) - the place is small but the food was quite enjoyable. The carbonara was good and the brownies are out of this world. But stay away from the risotto (my thoughts were, surely risotto tastes better than this!) And if you have any intention of catching a glimpse of the "leng chai" chef  at all you should go in the evenings. That is when he is around. If you are familiar with Ben's at Publika, Picknik is sort of like behind Ben's in the Solaris building, one floor down. I recommend the place.

I also found a collection of decent tudungs at ClosetHeart. They did a sale at the office the other day but their shop is in Subang Jaya. Their selendang are long and wide - tidak lah kecik / jarang / licin or any other silly tudung issues like that. Their tudung Syria are comfy too. The material is firm enough to stretch and yet not limpy. They have quite a range of pretty blouses also if you are into that.Thank you Aeda for recommending. & I recommend their stuff to you too.

And I am not a devotee of The Voice. But I came across this last night. She came this close to the late diva herself (after all who doesnt love the song or Whitney?) I was amazed. According to coach Adam they only rehearsed the song once. And if you do not know yet, Tesanne won.

If you are vacation-ing, have fun. If you are workng, you'll have fun too. The roads - and the office - will be almost empty. Have a good year end.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails