Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time Management 101 From Yours Truly

(Like I am the best person to talk about this subject..)

Did you catch the Golden Globe the other night? I think Aniston looked gorgeous and (according to the reporters) she didnt even choke over her ex's name when she had to read out the nominees for the category she was presenting the award to. Halle Barry looked fabulous too.

And I totally relate to the ‘Pants On The Ground’ guy on Idol last week. I think everyone should cinch the pants (tightly) at the waist. So hipsters and low risers : out you go! (Also relating to this, I noticed a girl in hipsters and her uh, g-string. My comment : she must be related to Superman sebab nak tunjuk underwear kat orang!) And Victoria Beckham was such a wash-out Idol judge.

And I got caught with ‘THS – True Hollywood Story’ on E! which featured stories on Nicole Kidman, Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears. Nicole turned out to be a lady, and I am now her most avid fan. I think Miley is an inspiration at only just 17! She just couldn’t stop working and expanding herself – she sings, write songs, has her tv show, has movies, does tours etc etc. And Britney turned out to be a desperate girl looking for hidayah, or so I think..

And yes, I have been investing (investing?? someone’s got to be joking) a lot of time on tv shows. And that’s err.. cool?

Anyway, I had also managed to read a couple pages of better-than-gold assets we all have - aka time - the other day. So why don’t you try these questions out. My (dubious) answers are in Italic. You can keep your answers to yourselves (or share them here..)

Hint : Despite the frivolous intro to my post and in my answers, you are supposed to view this as a very serious exercise ok?

Here goes - review how you spend your weekly 168 (24*7) hours :

Hours spent working : Forever (or seem like it actually)
Hours spent commuting : Minimal (thank God err.. UMNO? for DUKE)
Hours spent getting ready : Peanuts (and it shows you say..? he-heh)
Hours spent eating : Substantial!
Hours spent sleeping : Like a baby should have
Hours spent with family : Will never be enough no matter how much time spent
Hours spent on a hobby : Whenever I can (I cheat and substitute hours for household chores for this also)
Hours spent exercising : Sigh.. negligible
Hours spent getting educated : Less than sufficient and only over topics that I like
Hours spent relaxing : Depends on what’s showing on E! it seems

So, is your week well spent? Or can you find time to spend on x ie things that matter to you? Chances are we all can actually. But the big question (and has always been) is, will we? ps - My x turns out to be getting educated / reading the serious stuff that matters in life.

Let's make a commitment to spend more time to getting what is important to us. Start TODAY! (taken from THE Trump & Kiyosaki ‘Why We Want You To Be Rich’ bestseller which I am currently reading - slowly and painfully. This is definitely one of my x stuff )

*****

3 comments:

Oya Sidek said...

wonder who that x is.. btw, i have finished reading that book, heheh

Azah Yahya said...

I usually read the chic lit - this is the heavy weight. So it is going definitely slow..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails