Thursday, January 7, 2010

Last Year, New Year

And it is the new year (the 7th day, in fact).

It had got to be one of the most hectic end / new year to date I suppose. There was Hedir's wedding. No photos - I was too busy cooing the cucu's at the wedding that took place at Felda. My sis was hospitalized for back pain (hey, that ailment runs in the family!) recently and decided not to risk her back with the wedding stress / chores.

The wedding was great - no glitches. & met Pn Minah (the ex-boss) at the wedding. Turned out she and the groom's mother knew each other from way back (small world..)

And my mum came over to my place over new year eve. It's nice having her around. Keeping her company (or was that she who kept me company?) chatting over sibling stories / old stories / wonderful stories. The mango cake I got for Ilyas's birthday didnt agree with her. Darn. I need to remember to be more careful. She didnt like chocolate so I thought the mango cake would be a nice alternative..

And yes, Ilyas celebrated his 24th birthday. He was due on the 1st of Jan according to my gynae. He decided to see the world a couple of days or so early.. My words to him on his birthday is save, save, save and then get married. I think his girl shouldnt wait too long. Anyway..

There was also Ina's wedding (the aqad pix below). It was a nice wedding. It drizzled; but luckily the clouds quickly faded away. Maybe the bride's father's baju busuk on the roof did the trick (is that allowed, by the way..? although we had laughed when we knew about it).


My sister refused to have the tepak sirih as part of the hantaran; citing it as too traditional. There was a short silat stint when the groom arrived.. ( err.. isnt that traditional?) anyway all in all everything went on perfect.

And Luqman went back for his final semesters. Masya'Allah - time really flies.

And there was also lots of stuff to do for Eirfan for the new school year - books, uniforms, registration, tuition even.

I did lots of beading in Dec and finally have the photos below and more here. And had also managed to have my new year resolutions drawn up.


I think I have been very productive indeed!

*****

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

What about our a book a week resolution, Azah? Mine has been extended to a book every 2 weeks now. Being in project management (and lack thereof), it could be a book a month. We'll see.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails