Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Times Only (Not?)

Things are never dull when we have a family get-together. And lately we have many of that because of the multiple weddings. We gathered for tahlil, for wedding preparations, for wedding meetings (yeap, we have that too) and of course for the wedding itself.

At one of these occasions my sister brought out pairs of blue and pink ankle socks that got tiny rubber dots at the bottom for anti slip. Pretty ones with a ribbon at the top. She had bought them at a store in London. Mention London and there was a mad scramble for the socks; amongst laughs and shrieks.

Later when everyone were trying the socks my sister said she had bought the socks for maybe RM6 each at a store like Carrefour in London. Carrefour pun Carrefour lah, asalkan beli di London. Heh-heh.

Even my mother got a pair of pink ones. We slipped them onto her feet; told her sit still while we took photo of her feet. She had a big laugh because of that. I suppose she never had her feet, not her face taken as the focus of a photo before (shoot, her tongkat is missing from this gambar..)


This definitely was a big laugh occasion - another one to remember of mum.

p/s - And among the things I decided I'd do for the new year is to continue to blog. Nothing new there I know. However this year I thought I will blog only the good things. Everybody has got their own share of unpleasantness in life, no point of me adding more misery to anyone's already long list (would you believe I wont whine on line??)

*****

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

Mothers are just too cute.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails