Sunday, January 31, 2010

An Old Friend

I had an interesting weekend - how was yours?

I saw a lady in the mamak restaurant and said how she looks like a friend from my long-ago college days. But then again, I thought it couldnt be her - she lives on the east coast. And the guy she wasnt eating with doesnt look like her husband. Turned out she was the friend and he is her husband; only he had a double chin now and a bigger body (dont we all?)

We made a commotion with our hi's. We laughed and caught up with each other's news. It was a short but jubilant breakfast. They had to leave for their seminar and we had to send Iman to her office (it is the end of the month after all). We hugged goodbye; but I didnt ask for her number - I know I wouldnt call (that's another peculiar habit of mine).

She mentioned a mutual friend whom recently had gotten divorced. The husband found a new love (younger too of course). Her ex is the CEO of an uprising bio-tech SME. I guess he found a more 'deserving' woman to give the Datin title to. Rezeki masing-masing I said when I heard the story. We were solemn for a while.

Anyway. Meeting the nicest, kindest friend could affect you in many ways. Malam tadi bangun tahajjud sebab teringatkan kawan yang datang jauh-jauh nak pergi Islamic convention in KL. Semoga dilindungi & dirahmati Allah selalu Insya'Allah.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails