Sunday, April 1, 2012

His Vs My Dinners

Unfortunately I didnt get to spend this weekend sleeping. Neither did I do that last weekend. I suppose my weekends are never meant to be spent sleeping. Tertulis di dalam buku sebegitu agaknya.

I've been busy (sampai weekend pun busy). Most dinners are fast food last week. And then we rounded up the week with dinner at the mid-eastern restaurant in Melati called Taj Hadramawt. We had lamb kabsa and lamb madghout. I thought the madghout tasted like nasi tomato. And I've never tasted better kabsa than at Saba' in Setiawangsa actually. No photos. Terlupa. And I dont think we'll return anyway.

But dinner on Sat was the best of all. We had pre-ordered ribs from the pasar tani butcher and my husband had baked us ribs with dry rub and barbeque sauce. He slow baked the ribs in the oven for hours (!) under the aluminium foil and then once tender smothered the ribs with the sauce. There were coleslaw and mashed potatoes too (we could get used to this).


We got this idea to do the ribs after we went to Mustafa Jones in Melawati for bbq meals a few times. The children enjoy these meals very much although they insisted, bapak punya home-made burger berganda lagi sedap dari burger di Mustafa Jones. How sweet (btw, did I ever mention my husband do make the juicest, thickest meat patties ever? From scratch. He would get some meat, mince it on the processor, add herbs and spices and then pat them into thick burger patties. Voila! Saya? Saya tengok dan makan je.. Oh no, wait. Saya goreng fries).

Anyway. Jones is a black American who married a Melayu and then open a diner serving strictly bbq meals. He opens for dinner only. If you like to visit he is at the restaurant called Kayu Manis behind the MIA institute in Melawati. But service could be slow at times.

And dinner today is prepared by me. We had ikan goreng dan sambal. From day one that is all I know how to cook (!) - patutlah masuk dapur pun so unispiring selalunya. My husband on the other hand would make things like the baked ribs and burgers, chickpea and leek soup, chili con carne, salsa with grilled capsicum, cous-cous and avacado salad (yes, I know! I had gasped too. And then makan je lah).

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails