Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mencari Taqwa Part 8 ~ Haram

One of the things I love to do in Masjidil Haram (in the late afternoon when it is not too hot) was to sit at the Dataran Kaabah and watch others tawaf or in prayer or even clamouring to get to Hajarul Aswad or into Hijr Ismail or at Multazam. I didnt know that can be done - I mean to just sit and relax and just soak in all those scenes on the sidelines of the dataran with Kaabah right in front of you.

 (I could sit for hours here, I think)
 
And after Saie, usually late morning when the sun is strong (the temperature was like 46 - 48°C while we were there), I will tell my husband let's sit and watch people. So we sat on the stairs in the shades of the Haram and watched people performing their ibadah in seeking rahmat Allah. Ini antara favorite past time saya semasa di masjid. Sungguh mengasyikkan. Dan saya suka melihat ramai yang membaca alQuran di mana2, terutama jika mereka duduk di anak2 tangga masjid. MasyaAllah.

 (it may be close to 50°C outside but there is always a crowd at the Kaabah)

 And while sitting in the masjid waiting for the athan, I will look up to the ceilings and around me and wonder at the magnificent built of the Haram. Memang cantik architecture masjid. Something to gawk at and to admire.
(the masjid is most beautiful; inside and out)

And I think the masjid is planned really well. First the vast dataran around the Kaabah. Then the older part of the masjid with columns and old stones with crystal clear view of the Kaabah. Next is the newer sections with white marble columns, higher ceilings, more modern look.

(the older structure in the front of the masjid with lower ceilings and the newer parts with white marble columns. And a view of the Kaabah)
 
Tiada tujuan lain ke Makkah kecuali ke masjid dan beribadah.Memang istimewa tempat ini.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails