Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tanggal Tiga Puluh Satu Bulan Lapan

Try asking your kids why we celebrate merdeka. I find out there's always a big pause before they give me their (sometimes lame) answers. But at least Eirfan knows who said merdeka! merdeka! merdeka! years ago and where that was said.

Cakap macam best; and so righteous. Now try answering this question - what is merdeka to you, personally? Kalau setakat naikkan bendera di pagar di bulan Ogos, apalah sangat (I am talking about yours truly. We have done this almost every year. Kononnya patriotic lah tu).  
(occasionally my photos will be turned at a right angle, like so here, but I simply do not want to take time to figure out know why)

So seriously, what is merdeka to you? I wish I could give you my answer in big words. But find out that I cant. So sad.

Nevertheless. Happy merdeka. I'm getting a lot of zzzzzz's tonite (it has been a week that I wrung my hands a lot).

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails