Friday, September 14, 2012

More Food!

There could be something wrong or I am just changed for the better! There seem to be a lot more activities in the kitchen these past couple of weeks (cookies jangan cakaplah, dah habis raya pun masih banyak nak deliver) although I cant specifically remember what..

I've been busy, so dinner is always a) easy or b) prepared by Iman or even c) prepared by my husband. Amazingly there is not even one take-away dinner this week. Yup, amazing.


This is my kind of dinner. Chicken quesadilla with lettuce (there wasnt even any salad, punya lah m*l*s..err nak cepat nye) and grilled deli meat. Occasionally we'd get away from the standard nasi. Thank you Aida who said, nampak sedap quesadilla dalam gambar tu.

FYI the quesadilla alone costs RM7 at the bazaar Ramadhan. I suppose it'll cost you next to nothing to make it at home. All you need is some chicken meat or beef (cooked any way you like. I do it with bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños and a bit of chinese parsley with salt and pepper) for the filling. Any kind of shredded cheese - optional - I use mozarella or cheddar and the tortillas (or any similar roti). I get the tortillas at Jusco actually (the ones at Carrefour do not taste as nice). Heat a flat skillet, put a bit of butter. Heat both sides of the tortilla on the melted butter. Spread cheese and filling onto the tortilla. Fold. Brown each side (till at least the cheese inside is melted). And voilà, dinner is served.

You can dip the quesadilla in chilli sauce (or spread the sauce before you fold the tortilla). Or buy Picante or any Mexican sauce from the grocers. Me? My husband makes his own Mexican salsa (what can I say? I am a lucky girl). I dont know how; so I cant give any recipe for that.

Have a great long weekend ahead.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails