Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Doodles

I had a most productive weekend recently. I visited mom. Then did groceries and packed the freezer like sardines in a can (I dont know if I am serious or otherwise when I occasionally said kita patut menangis tengok the amount of food we pack at home. Can you imagine your house dengan hanya beberapa keping roti dan kurma..)

I did some office work and went to raya open house. I baked. I came away on Mon with achy shoulders. But with nice photos of the stuff I made.

Top: Buttermilk cake (which my son said, ma kenapa kek kita tak moist? - you should put more butter. I suppose I will put a big X and a 'do not repeat this' note on that recipe page).

Middle: Choc chip cookies (I cheat actually. I made cookies but not these. These I experimented with some time ago when the boys complained, ma we should upgrade our cookies - they meant put more choc chunks. This photo looks nicer..)

Bottom: Lasagna (a family - oh, and neighbors' - favorite. I like mine with grilled eggplants and mushrooms. The kids love theirs with lots of cheese).

But now it is back to the rat race. I somehow think I am complaining here. I must remember sesungguhnya Allah tidak sesekali menyulitkan hambaNya (I searched for the ayat but cant find it - I thought it is in Al-Baqarah tapi tak terjumpa pulak. Does anyone know?)

ps - If you need recipes, leave your request in comments.

*****

3 comments:

DeLinn said...

azah

could u gimme resepi lasagna tu? and baked macaroni kalau ada.

mira said...

betul tu surah Al-Baqarah... ayat 286.."Allah tidak memberati seseorang melainkan apa yang terdaya olehnya"... btw bole ke share recipe lasagna, of course the ones with a lot of cheese... ;-)

Azah Yahya said...

Girls, recipe's on its way.

Mira - thanks. I knew it must be in there somewhere.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails