Friday, September 28, 2012

Rahmat dan Ni'mat

Saya anggap cerita ini satu rahmat, satu nikmat. Maka semestinyalah saya bercerita di sini.

Ilyas got engaged and I love to share some photos.We kept it very simple and personal between the two families. My Abg Naguib came in to help with the formalities (he's good in these things).

We brought a very simple ring, as that is preferred.

And a gorgeous cake made by Aida (thanks Aida, even with the short notice). Fyi, Aida gave us the gorgeous cake at Iman's wedding.

And some fruits.

We went to the future besan's house (InsyaAllah) with the gifts - malu pulak pergi bawak semata2 "seketul" cincin. We dressed up the presents a bit (takkan nak bawak dalam beg plastik Giant pulak). It  was my sister who insisted on the tepak (the "orang Perak mesti la bawak tepak" phrase from Iman's wedding came back to haunt me), otherwise I'd do without.

I think I am caught between trying to make things as simple as possible. Yet not too shabby. Not out of the norms (ie takde yang pelik2). Within the boundaries of ugama. Dan (unavoidably, to a certain extent) adat. And I found out that is a tough call indeed (you can shoot and I will duck).

*****

2 comments:

DeLinn said...

Whereeee got simple. Classy as i see it. Nice arrangement of the hantarans. I like! Congrats, of getting a menantu to be. :-)

Azah Yahya said...

Thanks Delinn. Now it is race towards the big day.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails