Monday, October 31, 2011

The Wedding (& Photos)

As promised, here are some photos of the wedding.

Iman wanted the pelamin white (she wore pink for the akad and a gorgeous deep plum for the bersanding). With pink and purple flowers. With lots of pillows. I said we must have a cleopatra chair. The mak andam came up with this. I thought it looked amazing (I actually cannot believe this photo is really taken in my house).

We made the hantaran ourselves. I actually scout around to outsource the hantaran but they all seem very price-y. I also made the bunga dip for the hantaran. I had to make numerous trips to the kedai riben to get the perfect ribbon colors and then spent days getting the ribbons twirled right (!) - namun masih tak nampak being twirled right dalam gambar nih.

I like this photo. One of the bridesmaids was our unofficial photographer (thanks Sakinah). I wonder when we can get our photos from the official photographers we had engaged. The first time we put up the curtain in the bilik pengantin, I thought oh no, I have yellow curtains! For a while I toyed with the idea of running to Ikea for ready made curtains. Thank goodness I didnt - I thought the curtains look perfect (in this photo anyway).

The men got down to the serious business..

The father of the bride performed the akad. He had jitters all morning, the day before, the day before that (and everytime he thought about the akad). I had thousands of butterflies swarming over me. Alhamdulillah the men did a splendid job. They sailed through the ceremony (the jurunikah became one of my favorite persons for conducting the most perfect wedding ceremony..)

Fatin is the mak andam responsible for the clothes and the pelamin. I find that her taste is impeccable. And I thought her fingers could create magic too. She also did decorations for the stairs and the walkway outside with the pintu gerbang. I thought all that were gorgeous too. I'd recommend her for any wedding (call me if you want her number.)

Iman wore a pink multi-layered dress for the akad. She refused white / cream / beige (she thought she'll look fat). Kurung is a no-no too she said (me, on the other hand had thought a beige lacy kurung moden is just the thing). We found a demure grey dress which I thought was perfect. But she had set her heart on the pink. Luckily Fatin had a grey baju melayu for the groom to wear (I cant bear a man in pink baju melayu).

She wore a deep plum baju ala kebaya for bersanding. Unfortunately I have to wait for the pros to share a photo of that.

We made the bunga dip for the pelamin / bunga pahar. I had to put up this photo also as a compensation to my poor fingers / arms that twist and turn who knows how many wires for the flowers (I lost count after the hundredth, I think). Thanks Has for tutoring and spending valuable time coaching. May you find light in taking this skill to the next level.

I truly, truly love this cake. It was a present from Aida. To tell you the truth, I have never seen a more amazing cake than this before. Seriously. Thanks Aida. Very much. Unfortunately we didnt get to eat the cake (with the edible flower). As it is the prettiest of all the cakes that we have, we gave it to the rombongan pengantin.

Alhamdulillah the day went well. It rained and rained the evening before the wedding. The chairs, the table, the carpet (everything, in fact) got wet. I was worried. But the new day dawned somewhat sunny and bright, with some patches of clouds in the sky to fend off the hot sun.

The wedding somehow reminds me of the verse, Maka nikmat Tuhan kamu yang mana kah yang kamu dustakan?

*****

3 comments:

DeLinn said...

the pelamin is soooooo beautiful. seriusly! and all your photos are nice too. ish... u got a good taste madam!

Zana said...

Iman's photo in the pink dress really look like you. I wonder if you look that pretty when you were younger? (this will be followed by Azah doing: Are you kidding me? Of course! *flips tudung*)

Anyway, sorry for not being able to make it to your daughter's wedding. Enjoy your new phase as a mother-in-law (don't be too strict on the boy!) and insya Allah, pretty soon, a grandmother? (gasp!)

It felt surreal to have a friend who already welcomed a son-in-law, but I am so happy for you and your family. Hugs from way afar!

Azah Yahya said...

Thanks Delinn. Awww, you are so kind.

Zana, Let us meet up the next time you are in town (and fyi, I am behaving myself.)

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails