Thursday, October 6, 2011

Makan2 at Al Rawsha


We were in city center to fetch Iman and somehow without conscious planning stopped for (late) dinner at Al Rawsha. It's a mid-eastern restaurant located at the very edge of Bulatan Kampung Pandan heading towards Maluri as you come from city center on Jalan Tun Razak.

Boleh baca ke map ni? You can if you are familiar with the area, me think (namun pakai lah GPS or Garmin or whatever your preference, especially if you are from out of town).

The place has this facade that looks like a castle from outside. The insides are pretty too with typical mid-eastern motifs on the walls (but the interiors at Tagine on Bukit Bintang is much prettier).

Reading the menu was a piece of cake; understanding it is totally another matter.. (sebab tu semua orang concentrate semacam masa baca menu tu, haha) Kabsa or hanith are a snap. We can also safely figure out falafel, shawarma and tabbouleh too. But anything else is beyond me.

We ended up ordering the lamb kabsa in a big plate (the boys went wow, when they saw the plate). With some vege flavored in olive oil and wrapped in vine leaves (I dont know what those are called though). Baklava. And typical mid-eastern malt drink. The lamb was good. So is the rice. I think I made better baklava during my years at college, nak cakap jugak tu.. (although I have lost that skill somehow. The last time I made baklava, recently, the phyllo turned out soggy).

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'll give the place a 7. I'll gladly go back to Saba in Setiawangsa for a meal anytime. Tapi nak buat tukar angin, Al Rawsha isnt too bad at all. They are open - believe it or, 24 by 7. Visit them here.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails