Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ilyas' Wedding : The Reception

Sebenarnya I am not too sure what a wedding reception is in the Malay culture (in this case it is just a title).

Anyway. Alhamdulillah the majlis went on quite smoothly. I thought it was beautiful (my opinion might be biased and I could be wrong). There was no major catastrophe. And the weather cooperated despite the laden sky and dark clouds in the afternoon. MasyaaAllah.

I have some photos to share, if you dont mind.

We put up signages which got swallowed up by the election posters; jadi letak directions pun macam tak letak jugak.
We also put up a photo booth with masquerade masks and hot lips and funny moustache. They werent very professionally done (they are home made and it is our first try) but looked interesting and we had fun with them anyway..

I told Eirfan to tidy up the door gifts and this is what we ended up with..

We thought this is a funny photo - both boys are wore orange tee with identical actions -

That's Sushi peeping at us from the top of the stairs while we run around finishing last minute chores.

The pelamin that Fatin did for us - and we love. It looks rather pink here, but was ok in the warm evening lights (I requested for grey but Fatin thought we might not have good contrasts as we also wore grey for the occasion). I was afraid the baubles might be too christmas-sy; but they look simply gorgeous actually.

 
Fatin also put up candelabras and flowers in the walkway.


We took some fun photos.

I'll put up more photos when the official ones come back.

ps - I love the wedding and thought it was beautiful (pardon me for saying so myself). Lalu saya bertanya pada diri sendiri; what more can I ask dan nikmat Allah yang mana lagi yang ingin didustakan?

*****

4 comments:

DeLinn said...

more photos pls

Azah Yahya said...

I'll put them in once I've gotten some nice ones.

Anonymous said...

"I am bursting with pride"

Azah Yahya said...

I know who you are, Anonymous. I would know that tagline anywhere!

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails