Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Books, Books and More Books Part 48 To Kill A Mocking Bird



Saya mula2 terjumpa buku ni dalam stor buku mak saya when I was hmm.. twelve maybe? I didnt read it then. But everytime cari buku dalam stor mesti terjumpa buku ni.

My parents have this rather big store, macam almari besar gitu and all sorts of books are put there (except my parents' buku ugama - yang tu ada kat dalam proper almari). I remember my brother was (is?) an avid reader. Macam2 buku dia dalam tu yang dia bawak balik bila dah abis baca. Some I read, others macam tak menarik minat. I remember titles like Zulu Dawn, Anna Karenina, The Thorn Birds, various Airport titles and many others yang saya tak ingat dah pun.

Jadi bila saya terjumpa buku ni ada diskaun pulak tu I thought I must read this. And I finally did. When I told Has I am reading the book she said, what? I read that in school and had to do a book review on it too. Saya tak pernah pulak tahu this book is being read in school - well not in my school anyway.

I like the book; jalan cerita tak complicated sampai nak berserabut kepala yang memang dah serabut pun. It is about a girl and her brother who grew up in Alabama in the late 1930s during racial injustices. And mockingbird do naught but to provide pleasure with their songs; to kill a mockingbird is to kill that which is innocent and harmless.

Good reading actually.

I am currently reading a couple of buku2 ilmiah; tapi saya selalu membaca selang-seli dengan buku2 santai. I wonder if I should re-read Anna Karenina; I've forgotten the story. But when the movie came on air the other day, I said I dont want to watch this movie - perempuan ni (Anna Karenina) jahat! That much I remember. Mungkin saya akan baca buku lain come to think of it.

*****   


No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails