Friday, May 24, 2013

Reminiscences : Wedding Cakes

I suppose I am still sort of caught up with wedding stories; after all Ilyas' has just passed. Syahdah's was two weekends ago and this coming Sat is Shakira's. And in fact we were at a wedding as well last Sun; Zainal's son got married at Taylor's. Lepas tu things will quiet down for a bit and then there will be two more weddings at year end (saya ada raaaamai anak sedara).

And Eirfan's birthay cake sort of reminded me of other cakes as well. I definitely love the cakes Aida made for us throughout Iman's and Ilyas' weddings;

This is a present from Aida for Iman's wedding. I went like wow! when I first saw it.

This one was for Ilyas' bertunang. I told Aida I wanted a very simple cake; nothing too elaborate.

And this is the hantaran masa Ilyas kahwin. It was so sweet and cantik.

 

Last but not least, the wedding cake. It comes with pretty identical cupcakes. I love the silkiness of the flowers. Kata Aida that is the pearl finish she had added. I thought this was adorable (I wish I had better photos though; let's hope the pros have this).

Call or email me; or write in comments if you want to contact Aida.

ps - I wanted to add other things in this post. But then decided not to. But this post sort of inspired me to have an on-line place for wedding stuff. I think I will call it Weddings are Splendorous Things - how's that? Hmm, we'll see what will materialize of this inkling..

*****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kak Azah,
Thanks for th wonderful post and feedback...
Hoope the cake taste good as it looks!

-aida-
ovenheaven@gmail.com

Azah Yahya said...

Aida, Wedding cake yang last tu memang sedap - sebab kami makan the cupcake (sebelum guests datang!) Yang lain kami buat hantaran; so takde can nak potong pulak kek tu - but I am sure they are as good.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails