Sunday, April 9, 2006

Getting Myself A Hat

I went to Sg Buloh the other day to look for some new plants for my garden, which incidently is as big as a kangkang kera ~ he-he.. It took us forever to get there - that stretch of road really need to be upgraded. The sun was already high up when we got to the nurseries.

We found some irregular pots on offer at a place in the blistering sun ~ the sun was really unforgiving that particular morning. The young chap talking to us was handed a battered hat by his friend ~ which I unashamedly took and put on. I said to the chinese boy, I hope you dont mind me taking the hat, but it is really so hot. He said no (but I think he minded just a teeny bit) .. When leaving I handed over the hat back to him and thanked him profusely.

So the other day I visited Axexx and tried on some hats. Wide brim ones with a scarf, with a flower, the small ones, tall ones, pretty ones. The one with beads dangling around the brim looked nice on display but made me look like a lamp shade. After a few tries the sales assistant asked, what's the occasion? I said I need a hat to go to the pasar tani.. She said, a hat to go where? I said pasar tani. Hey eyes grew round and she said oh, really?

So! I suppose I shouldnt have a hat to the pasar tani after all. And if I am in Sg Buloh again I can just steal someone's battered hat again..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails