Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Mixed Feelings

I notice my update to the blog is getting less frequent by the day. This evening I am waiting for a friend to share the ride home - left my car at home today.

I am blessed - had managed to take a couple days off this school break to attend my nephew's wedding and on the way managed to stop at mum's.

She looks older by the day especially after the scare of a stroke recently. Cant stand so much, cook or tend to her beloved plants as much these days. & prefers to sit and just rest her weary old bones she said. Sedih la..

But she still has her itik nila and angsa (that makes the loudest noise ever!) and ayam serama and ayam belanda, ayam mutiara, ayam kampung and ayam telur. & she still takes care of her house like she has years more to live. Recently she changed the bidai at the open dining area and planted red palms over the pagar. Never say never - that's mum.

I will miss her.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails