Monday, February 18, 2008

.......?


I mused noisily yesterday, what is the purpose of life?

And I was reminded that there is a verse in the al-Quran that translates to almost something like "Manusia dan jin tidak dijadikan kecuali untuk menyembah Allah."

I know that - maybe I should rephrase that to - I think I know that. But nevertheless I wondered long and hard how to live up to the true meaning of the verse.. My own arguments on the fact that I am neither a daei nor a sufie but simply a lowly human being sounded like lame excuses even to my own ears.

I gave my own original question some long thoughts. I think I was asking the question in the general sense. But in restrospect I wondered yet again if there could be anything general about an important question like the purpose in life..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails