Sunday, March 23, 2008

Rememberance..

Sleep seems elusive tonite. Even counting sheep (or equivalent thereof) cant seem to help. Maybe it's the after-dinner coffee that's sthe culprit..

Nevertheless, this seem like a good time to reminiscence life.. or maybe better yet of 'amal, of iman. Definitely of iman I suppose, as the day is made for the dunia and the night for 'amal and the remembrance of Allah.

The ustaz had once said, cuba muhasabah diri dan tanya berapa kali kita bangun sembahyang malam dalam sebulan. I counted the times on my fingers and thought I could improve there. Definitely a lot of room for improvement..

In another kuliyyah it was asked berapa kali khatam quran dalam setahun? Selama ini? Do you read the translations; not to mention tafsir, of course.

Do you know sirah rasul? And the beauty and lessons from sejarah Islam? Soalan yang bertalu2 dan tiada jawapannya. Or maybe the answers stare at me in the face and yet I refuse to face it..?
Definitely a time to reminiscence about 'ilmu, 'amal and ibadah, I'd think.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails