Sunday, March 16, 2008

Super Heroes

I went to get some books the other day and met an acquaintance at the store. She was surprised to see the number of books I am taking home with me. I shrugged and said that I'd be on leave and dont have that much to do..

Later the question that popped up was why does the genre interest me so much? Well, let's see my options to answer that question:
a. Because I'd like to improve my English
b. Because I was told reading is a commendable hobby
c. Because.. err.. Pardon me, is it any of your concern?
d. Because the heroes in the books are bigger than that in real life. (Why else do you think we love Batman, Superman, X-Men and even The Incredibles?)

I like (d) the best; for reasons best known to a writer who had said the books leave readers with a warm cocoon feeling.. Anyway in this occassion I think (c) would be the most suitable answer; but then dont all of us prefer to be politically correct instead of plain rude?

ps : But of course, I think Bogart in Casablanca is the biggest hero of them all..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails