Monday, March 17, 2008

Be Sure To Be Clear


Years ago my boss (now ex-boss) asked if we'd like to go for lunch together. We told him we have to take a raincheck because of other commitment. He asked with a frown, what's a raincheck? We said it's something like, we are not available this time but please ask us again next time. He went oh, I didnt know that.

Then I told my sisters we should have a baby shower for our .. cough, cough .. cucu (ha-ha). They went blank. They couldnt get over the fact that a shower is a shower which is what you do everyday.

And we are all aware that there are Billy Tan(s) and Travolta Lam(s) and Bobby Chin(s) etc etc in the world. But as far as I know, if you are William then you are called Bill. If you are Robert then you are Bob. And I dont know if there is any real life Travolta - outside the big screens, that is..

Pandora Box simply means unpleasant surprises and chocolate liquor actually doesnt contain alcohol. And doesnt discuss "over lunch" means you will be having lunch while dicussing matters?

Nevertheless, I am still blur about being true blue and of carrying a chip on my shoulder and also the fact that every cloud has its silver lining..

And I am posting this because I am sort of mad - someone said something which actually meant something else; and yours truly was caught unawares..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails