Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Definitely Gotten Carried Away

My son came back after completing his short semester (something like summer semester) yesterday. When asked how the whole semester went he gave an exaggerated sigh of relief and said, I am ready for the change in next semester.

His answer made me think that wouldnt it be nice if work life comes in semesters / packages like school too? We do everything for a few months and once that time frame is over, we'll give a sigh of relief (or regret if the boss deserves it..) and then get a new boss the next semester. So we dont have to eat, live and breath (so to speak) the same boss years after years.

And we wouldnt feel like we are being manipulated, dominated, constrained, oppressed, limited, dictated, restricted, controlled (err.. I am getting carried away dont you think..?) by the boss at any time..

This is most definitely a posting under 'The Toxic Office' category.

*****

2 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

Did you happen to have a thesaurus in your hand when you wrote those words ?

Azah Yahya said...

Yes I did, unfortunately. I could only come up with controlled and limited. But I love oppressed best. It fits the situation to a t.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails