Saturday, August 22, 2009

The First Day


And how was your first day in Ramadhan? Ironically I cant think of writing about anything but iftar aka food.

It's nice that it is Sat so there is ample time to prepare a good spread for the children's buka puasa. It is a tradition in my home that the first day is always a buah melaka day where the kueh is concerned. And preparing the kueh is a boy's thing - meaning that the boys will get the dish ready. And that is always an outrageous ocassion (but always special to me). They sometimes come up with weird shapes and deliberately omit sugar from a couple or so buah melaka. It'll be hillarious to see who would be unlucky to eat those.

I am still trying to get into the right frame of mind for Ramadhan - kept hoping it would be better than last year. I love my previous Ramadhan - I did all I thought I wanted to do - and more.

Insya'Allah this would be a great Ramadhan. For you too.

Love this photo too - from flickr.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails