Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Pefect Weekend

How was your weekend? Mine was fun. Perfect.

We went to Penang to pick up the bachelor who has finished his degree at USM - for good - who had lots of stuff to bring home. On the way out we stopped by to see the in-laws. Since my mum is in Bangi we didnt stop at CJ.

We arrived in Penang after Maghrib. We went all over Bayan Lepas / Bayan Baru looking for Sri Malaysia before we found it. Our room was musty.. But since we are looking for somewhere close to USM that is what we ended up with. And the bathroom was TINY. The verdict - I dont recommend you to stay there at all.

We picked up Luqman the next morning - he had last minute thesis thing to finish. We packed all his stuff into the car. Luckily they all fit in..


We left for Bukit Bendera. Turned out the place is closed for upgrading of the train and will only reopen in Sep2010. Kesian Eirfan, tak pernah naik Bukit Bendera walaupun dah dua kali sampai ke kaki bukit..

We continued to Tanjung Bungah & Feringghi; looking for a place to stay. I know - dumb. But this trip is such a big rush. I only knew about it a week ago. And I was also supposed to be in Langkawi this same weekend for an office event. For some time I couldnt decide if I should be in Penang or Langkawi; but later firmly tell myself the family trip is my first priority.

We finally decided to stay at the Bayview in Feringghi. I think we made the right choice. The family room was spacious and nice. The hotel grounds are big and not crowded although there are MANY orang putih lounging around the pool and under the shady trees around the gardens. The only one regret I had is that our room doesnt come with a sea view.

Anyway I had fun reading on the lounger in the seafront. The boys did multitude of things including -

... parasailing (their landing wasnt so smooth; ala buah nangka luruh - haha) ,


... jet-skiing,


... and beach buggy riding.


Not to mention swimming of course. And catching a most wondrous sunset.


We went out to have ikan bakar - tak ingat pulak nama tempat tu - slow service but popular nonetheless - on the way out to Eastin Hotel by the sea. We also had nasi kandar at our fave place - Line Clear on Penang Road (we actually felt the earth quake while eating there - seriously the ground moved!) We drove by that place called Nasi Kandar Beratur near Masjid Kapitan Keling; but it only opened after 10:00 at night.

On our way out of the island we made a quick stop at Chow Rasta for the jeruk. As usual, we took the ferry home. More fun that way.

On the ferry, Luqman was quiet - I think he is reflecting on his life in USM which is no more (sedih pulak ingat - closing that chapter of your life and charting new waters from here on) although he denied it when I showed him this photo of him staring across the straits towards the island..


So these days my house is an empty / quiet no more (I was lamenting on the empty nest thing four years ago here..) In fact, I think we seriously need more space.

Hope you had had a great weekend too.

*****

2 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

Don't you just love Penang? To me, Kedah is like a wife : homely, secure- whilst Penang is like a lover: we go where it isn't very far which is more thrilling (& afraid that Kedah would find out that I enjoy Penang better) - bad analogy I know.

Azah Yahya said...

Err..?

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails