Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Quiet Frontier

It was Friday evening at the office. Time to say bye-bye to the professional me and say hi to the more mellow/easy me.

The expected call have not came in. Give it another ten, I told myself. If my mobile doesnt ring then I will have to make the call myself. Sure enough the phone rang less than five minutes later.

She said, ma, ingat Iman tak balik hari ni..

Oh, why? You've forgotten - I have that dinner tonite, remember?

Oh yeah, that's right. I've forgotten about it. Cant imagine why since she bugged me enough about the dress she wanted to wear for her big do..

Later while driving home I dialed another number. Yeah, yeah - it's not safe, it's against the law etc, etc. I would definitely nag if I were sitting beside a driver who does that..

The call was answered almost immediately - oops, he must be in the middle of class. He said, I'm in the studio completing my final project... no, you need not come by and pick me up... cant come home today... have to finish this for submission.

Okay, that's that. My fingers hovered on the mobile key pad - should I make the other call? I decided not to. He would be somewhere on the football field this time in the evening. Anyhow, he wouldnt be coming home this weekend either.

Well, it is going to be a quiet weekend.. I wonder if this feeling is a prelude to the empty-nest syndrome..?

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails